Selecting a surgeon to perform your LASIK procedure is not an easy decision to make. But there are certain qualities that set Dr. Domenic C. Izzo, Jr., apart from other laser eye surgeons. Named Berks County’s Leading LASIK Eye Specialist for the past nine years, Dr. Izzo is highly sought-after to perform laser vision correction, for the following reasons:
- Experience: The experience and skill of your LASIK surgeon matters more than any other factor. Dr. Izzo has decades of experience performing eye surgeries, laser vision correction and honing his expertise in complex procedures. This experience has allowed him not only to refine his technique but also to reduce the risk of complications. It takes a lot of time to perfect the art of refractive surgery.
- Up-to-date with Recent Advances: With many changes in LASIK technique and technology, it’s crucial that your LASIK surgeon stays abreast of all the important advances. As a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and an active member in good standing with the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, the International Society of Refractive Surgery and other medical associations, Dr. Izzo remains at the forefront of laser vision correction.
- Leading Edge Equipment: Technology can be a determining factor in who you choose to perform your laser eye surgery. Dr. Izzo offers the safest, most effective and most advanced laser technology, including CustomVue All-Laser LASIK. All-laser LASIK is considered by many doctors to be safer and more precise than traditional LASIK.
- Excellent “Chairside” Manner: Dr. Izzo has a warm, friendly personality and demeanor that will make you feel comfortable. He is eager to educate you about your LASIK options and answer your questions so you can make informed decisions about your treatment. He won’t rush you or pressure you into something you don’t want to do. Also, he will be candid with you about LASIK’s benefits and limitations; he doesn’t want to overpromise or set unrealistic expectations.
- Great Reviews: Don’t take our word for it! Dr. Izzo has a plethora of satisfied patients that have testimonials about their great experiences and results.
More about Dr. Domenic C. Izzo, Jr.
Dr. Izzo earned his undergraduate degree from Muhlenberg College and his medical degree from Hahnemann University. He completed an internship training program at The Reading Hospital & Medical Center, and his ophthalmology residency training at Hahnemann University Hospital.
Dr. Izzo is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology. He belongs to a number of prestigious medical associations. Dr. Izzo serves at the medical director at Berkshire Eye Surgery Center, which is an ambulatory surgery center dedicated solely to eye procedures.
In addition to laser vision correction, Dr. Izzo is a leading cataract surgeon and has performed nearly 20,000 cataract and intraocular lens implant procedures. He was one of the first ophthalmologists in Berks County to perform modern small-incision, no-stitch cataract surgery.
Book a Consultation with Dr. Izzo
If you’d like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Izzo to discuss your LASIK or vision correction needs and goals, we invite you to contact Berks Eye Physicians and Surgeons today.