Patients of Berks Eye Physicians and Surgeons:
The health and safety of our patients and staff remains our top priority. We wanted to let you know what we are doing to minimize coronavirus (COVID-19) exposure risk at Berks Eye Physicians and Surgeons.
- We are reducing the number of individuals in our building. We are permitting no guests with patients. Only patients are admitted unless a patient has a specific need for guest assistance.
- We are screening all patients entering our building to make sure risk factors for the virus are not evident. We are also using a non-contact thermometer to take temperatures. If any risk factors are identified or patient has a fever, we will turn patient away and reschedule appointment if eye issue is not urgent.
- We will not admit to our office any patient, guest or staff member whom is currently positive for the COVID-19 virus. These individuals will be cared for at local or regional hospitals in accordance with recommendations of the CDC.
- All staff and patients are required to be masked and maintain social distances. Our waiting areas have been reconfigured and seating reduced to meet social distancing requirements.
- Our staff is regularly disinfecting common patient spaces, exam rooms & equipment.
- We have a new process for wait areas that minimizes number of stops a patient has during their time in our office.
- All staff including doctors are being temperature screened upon arrival to work daily.
- We are providing staff with all necessary PPE and access to hand sanitizer and disinfectant supplies.
- Our Optical Shop will be servicing less patients at one time and will have all touched frames and other items sanitized.
We want to thank you for putting your trust in Berks Eye Physicians and Surgeons and assure you we will be open and available to our patients throughout this difficult time. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 610-372-0712.
The Doctors of Berks Eye Physicians and Surgeons